At Elite Sports Medicine and Physical Therapy, we provide our patients with cutting-edge techniques and a state of the art facility. We continually seek out new information in the ever-changing medical field to keep our therapists at the forefront of physical therapy treatments. We are aware of the importance of staying current when it comes to our patient’s well being. In order to provide the first-rate care we strive to uphold, it is essential, it is what makes us ELITE.
Listed are some of the services we provide to our patients:
- Manual Therapy:
Manual therapy is the utilization of hands-on techniques to address the soft tissue and joint dysfunction causing your pain. These techniques can include joint mobilization, myofascial release, soft tissue mobilization, cupping, HawkGrips instruament assisted soft tissue mobilization (IASTM), muscle energy, manual stretching and much more. The therapists at Elite Sports Medicine and Physical Therapy integrate manual therapy techniques into each and every patient’s treatment plan to achieve successful results.
- Trigger Point Dry Needling (TDN):
Trigger Point Dry Needling (TDN) is an effective and efficient technique used by physical therapists in which a thin solid filament needle is inserted into an irritated muscle. TDN focuses on muscles with hyperirritable portions called trigger points. These trigger points can be painful and can potentially cause stiffness and restricted motion resulting in dysfunction for patients. We have seen remarkable results in improving function and decreasing pain with various conditions and injuries. TDN requires a prescription from your physician and a signed consent form before treatment. Our therapists are certified through Kinetacore and for more information check out their website.
- Functional Training:
Functional training is a technique used by the therapists at Elite Sports Medicine and Physical Therapy to address the goals of their patients. During your initial evaluation we will discuss your goals or activities you desire to return to pain free. This allows the therapist to design specific exercises to retrain you for those sports specific, work-related, or everyday life tasks.
- Sports Performance Training:
Sports performance is one of the passions of Elite Sports Medicine and Physical Therapy’s therapists. We work with various types of athletes from weekend warriors to your high level athletes. We understand the demands of each unique sport and the need to incorporate specific rehabilitative techniques to address these demands when returning to a sport safely after an injury. Our goal is the same as yours to see you successful return to your sport.
- Injury Prevention Programs:
The prevalence of sports related injuries are on the rise. Elite Sports Medicine and Physical Therapy understands the need for injury prevention programs and the incorporation of these programs into our treatments. We will perform a through evaluation to determine abnormal findings that may limit performance and increase your risk for future injuries. We believe that prevention of these possible injuries is the best treatment. Call our office to schedule an Injury Prevention Screening.
Elite Sports Medicine and Physical Therapy believes your feet are the foundation of your biomechanical system. Due to this belief, we provide orthotic services to our patients. Most insurances do not cover the expensive cost of orthotics and therefore, Elite is here to provide affordable orthotics.
- Athletic/Kinesio Taping:Our therapists are dual credentialed in Physical Therapy and Athletic Training. We are trained in the vast athletic and Kinesio taping techniques utilized for preventing injury and enhancing performance. Elite uses this knowledge to help get our patients back in the game.
- Blood Flow Restriction Training: Our therapists are dual credentialed in Physical Therapy and Athletic Training. We are trained in the vast athletic and Kinesio taping techniques utilized for preventing injury and enhancing performance. Elite uses this knowledge to help get our patients back in the game. Blood-flow restriction training can help patients to make greater strength gains while lifting lighter loads, therby reducing the overall stress placed on the limb. By applying the right amout of external pressure to an extremity, its possible to maintain arterial inflow while occluding venous outflow distal to the occlusion site. Research shows that BFR works great for the post-operative population to achieve greater gains with less stress on the region recovering from surgery.
- Dynamic Neuromuscular Stabilization: Dynamic Neuromusculatre S esearch shows that BFR works Dynamic Neuormusculatre Stabilization (DNS) uses the approach in which every purposeful movement is reinforced by the coordinated actvity of segmental postural stability. It is based on the scientfic princles of Developmental Kinesiology(DK). The goal is to achieve optimal muscle coordination by exercising in developmental positions.
Please click here if you would like more information or would like to request an appointment. We look forward to hearing from you!